I am a recent law and commerce graduate that has a passion for commercial, property and contract law.
I completed my Practical Legal Training at K&T Legal where I was able to gain experience in editing and reviewing property contracts, preparing for and attending settlement, preparing and lodging visa applications and attending to client inquires. During my degree I completed two legal internships, including positions at Toongabbie Legal Centre and the National Children’s and Youth Law Centre. These internships proved to be invaluable as they increased my understanding of the legal problems that impact ordinary people of all ages and developed my passion for helping the disadvantaged. Currently I am volunteering at OZ Consultancy as a Case Manager/Assistant where I am involved in the provision of immigration options and advice to clients, lodging visas and answering client inquiries.More
- Assisting the migration consultant in an administrative capacity on a variety of casework from Partner, Student to Visitor Visas.
- Preparing the application and supporting documentation for migration applications.
- Assisted in the management of Sydney clients including answering telephone and email inquiries.
This position developed my knowledge in the area of immigration law and improved my analytical and logical reasoning, customer service and time management skills.More
- Reviewing and editing property contracts.
- Attending settlement.
- Preparing and lodging visa applications.
- Attending telephone enquiries and other administrative work.
This position developed my knowledge in the areas of property and immigration law and improved my client service, oral and written communication, legal research and problem-solving skills.More
- Drafting legal advice and providing information to children and the youth about the law and their rights and responsibilities.
- Updating and editing the Lawstuff website.
- Legal research on a range of topics related to children and the youth.
- Administrative tasks such as entering client information into system.
This internship was an invaluable experience since it increased my awareness of the wide range of legal issues that children and the youth face such as discrimination, cyber-bullying, and alcohol and drug abuse.More
- Answering telephone enquiries from customers and attending to visitors.
- Filling, checking and keeping up-to-date with prescribed forms of the motor industry.
- Handling complaints and refunds.
- Managing enforcement orders from the Office of State Revenue.
Here, I was able to strengthen my customer service skills, become a clear communicator and learn to work well under pressure.More
- Interviewing clients face-to-face, sitting in on advice sessions and preparing file notes of the advice provided.
- Engaged in the Legal Needs Analysis Project - involved in developing a report which included research findings on the legal issues that residents face, the existing legal services provided to the community for free or at low cost and the barriers that exist in accessing such legal services for residents.
- Engaged in the Fines and Penalty Notice Project - involved in legal research, drafting/editing advertising material and community education.
- Received a letter of contribution from the director for my work.
This experience demonstrated my teamwork, research and writing skills, as well as my ability to work to deadlines.More
Education and Qualifications
|2017||Diploma in Legal Practice||Technical Diploma||College of Law||No|
|2016||Bachelor of Laws||Other||University of New South Wales||No|
|2016||Bachelor of Commerce - Human Resource Management||Other||University of New South Wales||No|
I received a letter of appreciation from the director of Toongabbie Legal Centre for my contribution to the Legal Needs Analysis Project. I was involved in developing a report, which included research findings on the legal issues that residents (of the area) face, the existing legal services provided to the community for free or at low cost and the barriers that exist in accessing such legal services. This report was successful in obtaining government funding for the Centre.
- Word (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Office (Advanced)