An Administrator, with many years experience in the area of medical, scientific, and not-for-profit companies. Improved efficiencies in the reception area of a radiology department, the monitoring of clinical trial submissions and assisted in the design of a legal database. Able to work independently with excellent time management skills and strong interpersonal communication that promotes successful liaison with internal and external personnel.More
- Responsible for the coordination of communication, patient services and clerical functions, as directed by the Nurse Manager of Ward 6 East. Updating the journey board and discharging or transferring patients as required. Communicate well with patients and visitors via phone and face to face. Maintain patients files and ensure each file has the correct papers for each patient. Work independently and with the medical staff to ensure a smooth shift.
A very fast paced ward which requires quick thinking and good organisation. Very much enjoy the indepence of the position and the interaction with the medical staff and ward supports.More
- Attending to patients at the front desk, organising the appointments, covering the phones.
Working as part of a team to cover the very busy reception area of the Physiotherapy, Orthotics, Speech Pathology, Oto-neurology and Occupational Therapy groups. Covering Front Reception, Patient Enquiries, Clinic Preparation, Electronic Appointment Scheduling, Telephone Support and Data Entry. Achievements: Have settled in quickly and have learnt the Cerner /PowerChart and iPM hospitals systems well. Thrive on the pace of the job. Training completed as a ward clerk 10-13th October 2016 - placed on casual bank.More
- Responsible for tracking the flow of legal cases using database and hard copy storage.
- Successfully organised the recording of all hard copy files onto a database and archiving of closed files.
Organised committee meetings and took the Minutes.More
- Organised meetings throughout the year for three Advisory Committees to the Red Cross Board.
Achievements: Ensured that documentation for the Committee meetings was collated and formatted in accordance with ARC Secretariat guidelines and distributed within the required timeframe. Concisely recorded the outcomes of the Committee meetings. This ensured the smooth running of the three Committees.More
- Independently re-organised and streamlined the Ethics Secretariat to enable the smooth running
- Developed a system to manage and track the flow of the very extensive clinical trial submissions
- Collaborated in the design of the project database, which increased the accuracy, and speed of
- Ensured all paperwork was present and completed correctly for each submission before
- Developed agendas and produced very accurate Minutes for the Clinical Research Committee
Achievements: of the Clinical Research and Ethics Committees thereby improving the processing of clinical trials and research submissions through to the final stage. for the Clinical Research and Ethics Committees. Developed a system for managing the heavy paperload submitted to the clinical trial submissions, this resulted in the trials being successfully submitted to the Committees with all relevant papers included. monitoring new projects and amendments to previous projects. presentation to the Clinical Research Committee and Ethics Committees. Liaised with clinicians to advise on documentation requirements and to obtain any outstanding paperwork. and the Ethics Committee within a set timeframe. Managed the correspondence to Principal Researchers relating to the progress of their projects and provided regular communication with Ethics Coordinator, Committee members, Board members, Clinicians and Researchers.More
- Reception: Booked patient appointments, registered outpatients and ward patients and ensured
- Reporting: Typed and prepared all radiologist reports using the Lanier system. Informed relevant
- Administration: Prepared film bags for clinics, procedures and meetings, ensured each bag was
- Designed a method of labelling film bags, which greatly improved efficiency in the reception area.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology essential.
In rotation, responsibilities cover administration and clerical duties related to a very busy Radiology Department. all relevant paperwork and films were ready for appointment. Explained medical procedures to the patients when requested. Ensured procedure rooms were informed of patient arrivals. Prepared procedure requests in advance to ensure all requests were ready for the next day's appointments. Worked independently and as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the reception area. medical staff and private practices of results. Prepared the films bags and reports for postage to outside practices. tracked to its correct destination within the hospital and externally. Worked accurately and independently to ensure efficient running of the department.More
Education and Qualifications
|2016||Specialist Medical Terminology||Other||Holmesglen Institute of Tafe||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||C - Car||-||No|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Access (Advanced)