I am an energetic, well grounded individual with sound engineering knowledge and experience. Communication + team work + science = success.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and ensure regular communication to meet milestones.
- Compile work schedules and deadlines for engineers and draughtsman.
- Ensure designs and updated drawings are issued to sub-contractors timeously.
- Able to read Process and Instrumentation Diagrams and detailed isometrics.
- Provided the team with a live worksheet detailing expected completion dates and scope of work.
- Participation in basic risk management.
Lesedi Nuclear Services forms part of the French multi-national energy services company, Areva. Lesedi is a relatively young engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company and has expanded exponentially as a result of the energy requirements of the South African economy. The Medupi Power Station located in the Limpopo Province (northern most part of South Africa) is one of the main projects that Lesedi is involved with. At a price of about R200 Billion (US $20 Billion), the Medupi Power Station is Eskom’s (South Africa’s electricity authority) largest contract and South Africa’s largest dry-cooled coal fired power station. As result of the size and complexity of the project, my tenure at Lesedi saw me working solely on the Medupi project. As a young engineer, I was given ownership of three of Lesedi’s sub-contracts which dealt with the manufacture of low pressure piping, design of steel and civil support structures and civil construction and excavation for underground piping.More
Education and Qualifications
I have completed a challenging degree from one of the most prestigious universities in Africa. I am proud to be a graduate from the University of Cape Town and confident that the skills that I have been taught will take me to great heights.More
|2011||Bachelor Mechanical Engineering||Bachelor Degree||University of Cape Town||Yes|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||C - Car||-||No|
• Awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Cape Town, South Africa • Dean’s Merit List (2008) • Awarded Golden Key Membership (2008 – present) • Received Scholarship grant from the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment, University of Cape Town (2008) • Completed Cambridge Advanced Level (2006) and Cambridge Ordinary Level (2004)
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- OneNote (Intermediate)
- MATLAB (Basic)
- PRO ENGINEER (Intermediate)
- VBA (Basic)