* Excellent track record of 15+ years in telecommunications field as an NOC Head, Process Consultant, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Technical Team Leader and Integration/O&M Engineer. ; * ITIL Intermediate - Service Operations (SO) Certified and APOLLO Root Cause Analysis - Certified ; * Established and consistent performer with an impeccable track record in handling Global Telecom Operators Networks (Sprint - USA, Airtel Africa, MTN Nigeria, Vodafone Hutchison - Australia, Mobilicity - Canada) as well as local Telecom Giants like Bharti Airtel, Aircel, Idea Cellular. ; * Superb leadership, supervisory, interpersonal, communication and coaching skills. ;More
- Short term assignment in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (PNG) and leading improvement program for operational and financial performance in Digicel account.
- Driving Network KPI improvement by closely working with and bridging gaps between customer teams, local Ericsson MSIP team and Global Services Center.
- Driving financial and business case improvements by focusing on building efficiency and bringing add-on sales. ;
- Responsible for complete project planning for process deployment for new and existing accounts.
- Responsible for financial management, resource allocation, escalation handling, stakeholder (MSCOOs, RDMs, etc.) expectation management, process competence management, adherence to global MSTOP process framework.
- Line Manager for 30 process consultants handling Ericsson standard MSTOP process deployment projects across the globe.
- 33% increase in leadership index and 28% increase in performance excellence index (DIALOG indices) over the past year during my tenure.
- Head of Incident Management function within Global Network Operations Center (GNOC), a team of more than 40 senior resources.
- Responsible for managing severity 1 incidents 24x7 and ensure speedy resolution and minimal disruption to services.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication to all internal and external stakeholders to enable informed business decisions.
- Member of GNOC extended leadership team working toward its objectives including cross domain and cross business unit objective
- As a consultant, set up problem and incident management function for an important customer in Vietnam.
- Continuous improving trend in Critical TT SLA compliance across all customer accounts. ;
- Head of 2nd Level assurance activities for Competence Domain: Circuit Switched Core and Transmission within Global Network Operations Center (GNOC), a team of more than 125 resources.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining agreed KPIs and ensuring resource/service restoration within agreed SLA.
- Also heading Customer Support unit and ensuring end to end CSR resolution as per agreed turnaround times.
- Ensuring effective, optimum & competitive delivery cost by leading team toward innovation, lead generation & automation.
- More than 40% reduction in network outages within a year. ;
- 2 Six Sigma Projects completed resulting in ~ 50% reduction in Transmission backbone alarms and a net savings of ~ USD 37952 for GNOC.
- 10% HC reduction in operation with ever increasing trend of SLA compliance and outage reduction. ;
- Heading NOC operations for Airtel Nigeria, looking after Front office, Back Office, Change Management and Operations Support and heading nearly 125 resources.
- Responsible for driving, tracking and fulfillment of operation's KPI as per agreed WLA with Customer and managing and ensuring compliance to operation level agreements (OLAs) with 3rd party interfaces like Ericsson, NSN, Comviva, etc.
- Conduct periodic performance review with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for setting up of new Multi-Customer, Multi-technology and Multi-vendor Huawei GNOC in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Cutover from Ericsson to Huawei within a fortnight after joining, which included manpower transfer as well.
- Handled dual responsibilities of transition and operations. ;
- Handling various global transformation and transition managed services projects wherein NOC operations were being off-shored from various operators/countries to Ericsson India. Working closely with CORE3 team on new MS opportunities supporting them on RFP, solution design, delivery model and risk analysis.
- Ensure competency and capacity levels within the Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC) Front office to meet current and future business requirements.
- Overall responsibility of managing various shift teams/projects and a workforce of nearly 300 employees handling Fault Surveillance, 1st Level Restoration, Customer Helpdesk and Incidence Management activities of 2G and 3G networks for various national and international customers in different countries around the world with all activities aligned to eTOM/ITIL model.
- Certified Operations Manager - Senior (Ericsson certification).
- Responsible for Front Office transition for Sprint Managed Services (World's biggest telecom managed services deal till date) and earning customer appreciation for stabilizing and achieving the KPI within the first quarter of going live.
- Recruited 150+ experienced resources within two months' time frame to meet the stringent project timelines. ;
- Functional role of a Shift Manager in Front Office (Managed Services Operations - Network Operating Center - NOC), managing a team of around 80 engineers.
- Handling Fault Surveillance, 1st Level Restoration, Fault Management, Configuration Management, Customer Helpdesk and Incidence Management functions.
- Responsible for setting up the Incident Management Function for Ericsson India.
- Appointed as a flexi-trainer to impart the technical knowledge/trainings within the department. ;
- As a head of 7 Telecom Circles in Northern Region of the country, managing a team of around 50 engineers and responsible for project planning and budget control, integration and commissioning, network roll-outs and O&M of CDMA equipment for BSNL.
- Handling customer management, manpower management, material/logistics management, sub-contractor and sub-vendor management and all the project reporting and documentation.
- Fast-track promotion through a series of increasingly responsible administrative management positions. (Engineer/Team Lead/Circle Manager/Regional Manager)
- Played a key role in segregating O&M activities and Project roll-out in the department. Helped setup different departments for roll-out and O&M.
- Took the lead in hiring local contractors instead of central sub-vendors for green field sites and helped save time and cost for the company. ;
- Routine O&M activities on wireline switch of Siemens EWSD and Alcatel OCB-283.
- Handling O&M, Integration & Commissioning and Acceptance Testing of ZTE and LG CDMA 95-A RAN. ;
- Developing web pages and e-business cards for regional and international clients.
- Doubled-up as a Marketing Executive for local market and also handling technical queries of the clients.
- Leadership Excellence Program : IIM ( Indian Institute of Management ) Ahmedabad ;
- ITIL Intermediate - Service Operations (SO) Certified ;
- APOLLO Root Cause Analysis - Certified ;
- Operations Manager - Senior Certified by Ericsson ;
Creative Web Designers (I) Pvt. Ltd, Jalandhar, India Certifications & TrainingsMore
Education and Qualifications
|2000||Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Communications||Other||Sant Longowal Institute of Engg. & Tech||No|
|1997||Diploma - Electronics and Communications Engineering||Diploma||Sant Longowal Institute of Engg. & Tech||No|