An Electrical Engineer, innovator and a team leader with 3+ years of post-qualified professional experience.
An Electrical and Electronic Engineer with 3+ years of post-qualified professional experience. Capable of working independently with minimum supervision and committed to providing high quality service to every project, with focus on health, safety and environmental issues. Professional, capable, and motivated individual who consistently performs in challenging environments.More
- Prospecting for new Power Generation System project opportunities.
- Building relationships with prospects, consultants and other stakeholders to the projects
- Identifying customer needs, designing and developing solutions and bidding or presenting them to customers
- Evaluating bid specifications, review plans and drawings and deliver competitive, yet profitable cost estimates.
- Liaising with Clients, Utilities, Architects and Other Design Team Members to Achieve the Highest Quality Design
- Negotiating to a closure and monitoring project implementation and managing expectations.
- Prepare subcontractor bid packages.
- Producing material take offs / bills of quantities
- Develop, nurture and maintain relationships with all parties to make the project a success
- Deliver competitive, yet profitable cost estimates
- Project management from the technical sales division perspective & supervision of power-house installations from the point of sale to the point of commissioning which includes, Purchasing, Procurement, Client management, Programming, Contractor management and Running multiple projects simultaneously
- Load and site surveying and interpreting consultant / tender specifications to design power systems to comply with international standards and IEE, IEEE regulations.
- Designing and drawing of single line diagrams, electrical power control circuit design and designing and drawing of equipment layout diagrams. ( Both MV and LV )
- Designing, installation and commissioning of synchronizing systems for power generation systems.
- Maintaining equipment at optimum operations conditions by coordinating services amongst internal business units and Cummins Power Generation during warranty.
- Prepare project plans and coordinate with both internal and external project stakeholders, including sub-contractors and consultants to meet compliance and deadlines
- Assist in planning and scheduling of projects
- Work directly with multiple customer teams, client stakeholders and decision makers to bring custom projects to production with effective time management and planning
- Effectively conduct presentations, workshops and seminars for high profile customers
- Developing a business model to expand in country distribution for geographic penetration.
- Market Study and Developing competitor profiles. ;
- Training internal staff on application engineering and developing training programs for customers' engineers
- Designing total electrical & mechanical systems for the power-house, including, Fuel systems, Cooling systems, Sound proofing, Exhaust stack, soot filters and mufflers, Power-house ventilation, Designing of Load Demand Control Panels using PLC programming and designing of circuits using CAD software
- Lead the project team to win the bid for the supplying and installing of standby power system at UK hydro Power Plant ( Total installed capacity 150 MW )
- Ookulhufushi Island Resort – Maldives – Designing the technical proposal and developing the commercial estimate for the resort island power project with estimated value of USD 1.0M; Negotiating to a closure of the project and won the project with a considerable profit margin
- Designing of the technical proposal and the commercial estimate for the diesel generator system of the largest mixed development project in Sri Lanka and involving in the negotiations of both the technical and the commercial aspects. The estimated value of the diesel generator system is approximately USD 5.0M with 16 MW of installed power which also has MV generating sets
- Designing of a system to synchronize a Cummins Diesel Generator Set with a Volvo Diesel Generator set. (Cummins Power Command Control system with a Deep Sea Control system) - First such system in Sri Lanka
Power Generation (reporting to the General Manager - Cummins Power Generation Sales): (The sole authorized distributor for Cummins Power Generation) My Major customers include Mitsubishi Electric, Mant Blance, Schneider, Hyundai, China Harbour, MCC, Toyota, Kurihara, Voltas and a lot of Singapore based companiesMore
- Carrying out detailed Energy audits ;
- Designing of Building Management Systems ( Johnson Controls )
- Designing & installation of LED lighting solutions for commercial and industrial applications
- Bidding, Project Engineering and management.
- Conducted energy audits in a cluster of 20 small and medium (SME) scale factories with the objective of introducing energy conservation technics.
- Carried out a detailed energy audit in the United Nations Head Office in Sri Lanka and introduced energy saving technics & practices
Electrical Engineer (Reporting to Manager - Energy Solutions): Metropolitan Engineering (Pvt) Ltd is a subsidiary of a large conglomerate and an energy management and conservation Technology Company.More
Education and Qualifications
|2013||Application Engineering||Cummins Power Generation||No|
|2012||Bachelor of Science - Electrical and Electronic Engineering||Bachelor Degree||Unknown||Yes|
-Designing of a system to synchronize a Cummins Diesel Generator Set with a Volvo Diesel Generator set. (Cummins Power Command Control system with a Deep Sea Control system) - First such system in Sri Lanka -Designing and simulation of a battery charging through photovoltaic panel mounted on taxi vehicle in day time and supply energy to the utility network at night. -Designing and implementation of a Robot vehicle which can be controlled from a mobile phone. ( using PIC programming ) -Lead the project team to win the bid for the supplying and installing of standby power system at UK hydro Power Plant ( Total installed capacity 150 MW )
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Visio (Advanced)
- MATLAB (Advanced)
- AutoCAD (Advanced)
- Solid EDGE (Advanced)
- Acrobat Pro (Advanced)
- excel (Advanced)
- SAP (Advanced)