Project Engineer with over 6 years’ experience in project engineering, site engineering, design management and construction/commercial mgt.
Project Engineer with over 6 years’ experience in project engineering, site engineering, design management and construction/commercial management. Significant experience across multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects including mining infrastructure in Western Australia and also large metropolitan infrastructure projects in the UK. Experience includes mining non-process infrastructure, earthworks, roads, drainage, concrete, bridge structures, SMP and electrical works I have gained a variety of experience in my 6 years as a Civil Engineer. I have a spent 3 years as a Site Engineer with a Civil Engineering Contractor working on large infrastructure projects and 3 years as a Project Engineer with an EPCM company working on multi-disciplinary non-process infrastructure in western Australian mining projects. This experience leaves me a well rounded Engineer with the ability to work in any Engineering environment.More
- Scope development, budget analysis, change management, cost forecasting, design management, construction management, tender evaluation, contract management
- Managed the HAP dam earthworks contract to completion on schedule and within budget. Handed over the MOC administration building and data centre to the Client. Awarded fuel infrastructure construction contract.
Nammuldi Below Water Table Project, Western Australia ($1.8B) Project engineering and management of the Nammuldi Mine Service Infrastructure area ($9M), responsibilities include scope development, design management, contract preparation and contract management. Works include Bulk Fuel Storage Facility expansion, Heavy Mobile Equipment Refuelling Facility, area electrical upgrade works, bulk earthworks and drainage. MARANDOO Mine Phase 2 Project, Western Australia ($1B) Working in the Non-Process Infrastructure Project Team – including 900 man permanent village, Mine Operations Centre (MOC) administration building, data centre, EPCM facilities procurement and installation and the Hamersley Agricultural Project Dam (HAP) construction. Responsible for on-site problem solving, liaising with the design team, site management team, understanding the design concepts and managing Contractor technical queries reducing delays on site.More
- Responsible for the on-site supervision and surveying for excavation and drainage works, reinforced concrete works, steel gantry/bridge erection and reinforced earth structures. Managed area quality control and safety
- Successfully handed over 5 reinforced concrete bridges on the M62 J6 Project to the Client on schedule. Successfully handed over 3 footbridges and gantries to the Client on the M4 J11 project.
TERMINAL T2A HEATHROW AIRPORT, LONDON, UK (£800M) Working in the Sub-Structures Team – large raft foundation and precast wall works Management of graduate engineers/surveyors M4 JUNCTION 11 IMPROVEMENT SCHEME, READING, UK(£50m) Worked in the Structures Team - Footbridge and Gantry Team, Thames Valley Police Compound Works, Verizon Building Works Management of sub-contractors - steel structure erection, road pavement installation, fencing and bricklaying. Responsible for statutory services management – location, identification, permits, liaise with utility companies. Write construction method statements, inspection and test plans. M62 JUNCTION 6 IMPROVEMENT SCHEME, LIVERPOOL, UK (£30m) Worked in the Structures Team - 5 no. Highway Bridges. 4 No. new highway bridges - Integral Bridge RC construction. Refurbishment and conversion of existing railway bridge to pedestrian bridge and reinforced earth wall construction.More
Education and Qualifications
I completed my 4 year Civil Engineering degree(1H) specialising in the structural design stream at UCC in 2007. Since graduating, I strive to continue my professional development. I completed a Graduate Management Programme with LOR. I am working toward chartered statusMore
|2013||Australian Permanent Resident||Other||Australian Government||Yes|
|2011||Professional Membership||Other||Engineers Australia||No|
|2010||Laing O Rourke Graduate Management Plan||Other||Laing O'Rourke||No|
|2007||BE Civil Engineering||Bachelor Degree||University College Cork||Yes|
|2006||Title of College scholar award||Other||University College Cork||No|
|2005||Title of college scholar award||Other||University College Cork||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||C - Car||-||No|
• Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Structural) (First Class Honours), • University College Cork, Ireland 2007 • UCC ‘College Scholar’ Award in 2005 & 2006 • Member of Engineers Australia 2011 • Laing O’Rourke Graduate Management Programme 2010 • Australian Permanent Resident
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- AutoCAD (Basic)
- Acrobat Pro (Basic)