Strategic-focussed marketing professional with ability to lead teams to deliver campaigns that resonate with target audiences
- Preparation of key corporate and social campaign documentation
- Integrate social marketing messaging across channels
- Evaluation of campaign performance
- Supplier briefing and liaison
- Campaign internal governance documentation
- Content development, coordination and submission of 2015-16 NSW Health Annual Report
- Vaccination statewide campaign testing, assessment and implementation,
- NSW Health Excellence Research Awards collateral produced
- Student Recruitment, Strategic Communications Planning
- Digital Campaign Planning
- Management and Team Leadership
Description: Managed the operational and strategic output of the Faculty's Marketing and Communications Unit, directing the Unit's day to day activities in student recruitment, communications and awareness-raising of the Faculty's teaching and research output. Role scope included integrated communication campaign development, marketing planning, partnership cultivation, social marketing content management, student recruitment planning (domestic and international), market intelligence analysis, school liaison, and recruitment / community engagement events design and implementation.More
- The successful re-branding of the whole organisation from FPA Health to Family Planning NSW in ***, - including redesign and new content for an upgraded FPNSW website, and the creation of an enduring brand manual for the organisation's ongoing use.
- Design and launch of successful FPNSW Open Days across all FPNSW Centres in NSW.
- Brand Research project undertaken with Taverner Research that established awareness benchmarks and guidelines for future brand management targets
- Securing sponsorship revenues for the FPNSW Health online advisory service `FPA Healthline' ;
- The implementation of the marketing plan has resulted in greater awareness, sponsorship revenue, partner affiliations and community engagement for the FPA organisation.
Description: Broad ranging senior consultancy role providing strategic support to CEO and Board in the design, development and execution of the FPNSW marketing plan, - incorporating branding, marketing and communications activity, new business development, as well as issues management, advocacy and resource development for the organization. Family Planning NSW is the leading sexual and reproductive health care provider and training body in NSW. Family Planning NSW Business Units that came under the compass of the consultancy brief included FPNSW Healthline - a nationwide phone/ online referral and counseling service; FPNSW Healthrites -bookshop and digital library service; 5 state-wide clinical training centres; and a Research and Education arm - meeting the needs of over 1500 allied health service providers each year through accredited training and research programs. The position was responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive state-wide marketing and communications plan for the organisation, working with a Communications and Publics Affairs team of 5 FTE staff, in addition to ongoing day-to-day support for the organization in terms of issues management, promotional launch event design, media liaison and sponsorship and fundraising development through the FPNSW Foundation.More
- Initiate and deliver marketing communications for key Trust corporate projects, including:
- Park Improvements Plan (capital works booklet and successful stakeholder event)
- Moore Park Event Precinct Transport Management Communications Strategy
- Restaurant Development Call for Proposals (brochure and communications plan)
- National Tree Day tree dedication celebrations (fundraising event and media program)
- Develop a comprehensive marketing program and provide key ongoing marketing support for the Moore Park Golf Range of business. Specifically drive marketing / communications activity for the inaugural hosting of the Proton NSW Open at Moore Park Golf Course in 2006.
- Successfully manage sensitive issues for the organisation and its stakeholders - including traffic management operations at Moore Park Event Venues, various environmental and capital works projects, licensee relations and cross-agency relationship management.
- Communications strategies developed and enacted for water management operations, new commercial lease arrangements, hosting of two large public concerts (25,000+ attendance) and tree replacement fundraising programs.
Reporting Relationships: Position reported to Director Visitor Experience and Director and Chief Executive of the Trust and managed a team of 7 staff that make up the Marketing and Communications Branch. They include 3 F/T and 1 P/T marketing communications staff, 3 P/T customer services officers along with Marketing and Communications contractors when required. Description: The position managed the organisation's day-to-day communications output as well as developing strategic marketing planning and brand development programs for the Trust. The scope of the role included maintaining and enhancing the CP brand; revenue generation through sponsorship and joint promotions with business partners; driving community consultation projects, as well as ongoing marketing support provided to licensees, sports ground hirers, event managers and retail tenants. Output areas from the M&C branch included: - publications and reports; production of campaign collateral; project marketing initiatives; issues and media management (including sensitive political and stakeholder information); visitor research; event promotion; retail marketing; facilities promotion; and also direction of the Customer Service team. Marketing planning, support and advice for branding and delivery of fundraising initiatives via the Centennial Parklands Foundation was also a core component of this role. Financial responsibilities included managing the Marketing and Communications Unit budget cost centre, ($200k+ per annum marketing, excluding Salaries component) Achievement highlights during contract tenure: 3. Position: Director of Marketing (Contract role) The NSW Cancer Institute - BreastScreen NSW ,More
Description: 12 month Marketing Consultancy contract role with responsibilities to develop, resource and manage the BreastScreen NSW Marketing Services Team - with the aim of driving increases in the participation rate of target-aged women in free Mammography X-ray Screening across NSW. Scope of duties included staff recruitment, development and implementation of the overall Marketing Plan, management of external communications, (including ministerial updates and issues management), research coordination, CRM client tracking; development of state-wide marketing collateral, and provision of strategic communications support for all local promotional activity across NSW. Manage BreastScreen NSW Program Marketing Budget $200Kp/a (including one-off campaign media spend). Structure: Job involved managing internal staff and external agencies, and coordinating the roles of 18 Health Promotion Staff employed in the BreastScreen NSW Program throughout NSW. Reported to both Program Director and Director Cancer Prevention NSW Cancer Institute. Achievements:More
- Develop marketing plans, advertising strategies and manage all promotional activity for the main i7 online `brands': - i7sport, i7news, Digital One, ticketmaster7, and i7homeandaway.
- Manage and monitor external agency contributions to the overall i7 Marketing and Communications Strategy; - including Advertising Agency (Leo Burnett), PR Company (Love Communications), Research Services (Nielsen Netratings) and CRM Agencies.
- Coordinate online marketing opportunities with existing Network 7 on-air sponsors to build joint promotions aimed at building i7 website traffic and deliver revenue into i7 network.
- Design and implement user-testing and market research programs to assist i7's CRM program, Membership Registration and User Help processes.
- Work with integration staff, Hot House, Network 7 Sales Teams and Doubleclick to develop and manage online advertising and sponsorship platforms on the i7 network
- 2. Coordination of the marketing program for Olympics.com.au - the official AOC Olympics website - including outdoor metrolite campaign and integration of on-air content during the 2000 Olympics broadcast. Also coordinated online sponsorships with IBM, McDonalds, Westpac and Panasonic. (Total site page impressions during games exceeded 30 million).
- 2. Participation in the online marketing and communications program to support the Seven Network's high profile ADOPT-a-DOT promotional campaign. Campaign succeeded as a registration-driver for the i7 network, delivering 55,000 network members in 8 weeks.
- 2. Developed integrated content ideas and sourced sponsorships for promotions run across the network, including competitions on Home and Away (ANZ bank), and Ticketmaster7 (Optus).
- 2. Co-ordinated an online and on-air marketing campaign to support the hugely successful sale of the Roy and HG Dream Video online through icanshop.i7.com.au. (Over 7,200 copies sold).
Reporting structure: Upwards Reports: Position reported to Marketing and Partner Relations Director, COO i7 and CEO New Investments, SNL. Team Reporting: Position led a dedicated marketing team of two senior marketing executive staff and a Marketing Coordinator. Main Achievements: 1. Implemented the overall marketing and communications program to launch the i7 network in September 2000 - utilizing major on-air TV campaign, outdoor, PR, on site promotional campaigns and viewer membership incentives. Total budgeted media spend of $2.8 million. 6. Designed and managed 2 qualitative research projects with Red Sheriff: i7.com.au portal homepage, and online ticketing brand, tickmaster7.comMore
- Responsible for maximizing audiences and brand recognition for the ABC's dedicated New Media network; internet portal ABC Online, plus ABC-news online, including 24 hour online news station ABC NewsRadio).
- Position roles included content promotion, campaign strategy, promotion and research, brand building and publicity support. Managed marketing budget of $80,000 per annum.
- Worked with ABC's Audience Research to manage and implement site traffic statistics and online surveys, and regularly report to Senior ABC Marketing Board on network performance, site memberships, audience interaction activity and visitor feedback.
- Responsible for generating revenue into ABC from the licensing of ABC Online and News content with commercial internet portals, news agencies and other online media services.
- Editorial management for the ABC Online Homepage and key networks homepages
- Design and implement cross promotions and marketing initiatives with ABC Shop Online to promote merchandise campaigns and facilitate e-commerce activities from content.
Structure: Part of a national marketing team - position reported to General Manger, ABC Marketing; Network Manager, ABC Online. Co-Managed 3 Mktg Coordinators. Description: A. Strategic Responsibilities B. Additional Day-to-Day responsibilities Achievements Main achievements during tenure:More
- 1. 500% growth in audiences of both networks over *** and expansion of broadcast content across the network
- 1. Substantial increase in media profile and public awareness of ABC Online ;
- 1. Management and delivery of the first national online users survey undertaken
- 1. Cross-promotions achieved through integration of on-air radio, TV and online content. ;
- 1. High profile event launches of both the ABC Rural and ABC Childrens' websites 1998
Additional Post-Graduate Marketing Positions Held:More
- 1. 6 news delivery content license deals established in 1998-99 worth $240K incl. Excite, Looksmart
- 1. Record ABC Shop E-commerce volumes recorded 1999 (Now 6th largest Aust. e-tailer) ;
Education and Qualifications
Gradate Certificate in Digital Marketing - ADMA 2011More
|2014||B Laws||Bachelor Degree||UNE||No|
|1991||Master of Arts - Communications||Other||Macquarie University||No|
|1986||Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing||Other||University of NSW||No|
AWARD School Graduate ***
- Adobe Creative Suite (Basic)
- SPSS (Basic)
- CRM (Intermediate)
- EDM software tools (Intermediate)
- CMS - Squizz, Miscrsoft CRM DSynamics, Wordpress (Intermediate)
- Digital Automation software (Intermediate)
- MS Office Suite (Advanced)
- Qualtrix (Intermediate)
- Marketo CRM (Intermediate)
- HTML (Basic)