Ambitious and motivated corporate legal consultant with progressive experience across Australia & NZ.
CORPORATE LEGAL COUNSEL An ambitious and motivated corporate legal consultant with progressive experience across Australia and New Zealand in providing legal consultation and support for organisation management. Skilled at conducting research into various legal matters, and producing the necessary legal documents for proceedings. Adept at collaborating with other legal and non-legal staff to prepare for and initiate legal proceedings. Experienced in various Company Secretary areas of expertise including ASX listing compliance (ASX300, mid-cap), corporate governance processes and best practices, risk assessment/mitigation, portfolio management, and ASIC/ NZ Companies Office/ NZ FSR document filing.More
- Oversee the administration of contractor and subcontractor agreements, drafting documents and managing relationships with contractors.
- Manage the drafting of legal documents including contracts, non-disclosure agreements, leases, and legal process filings, and supervising the secure storage and transmission of documents to the appropriate representatives.
- Conduct research into various legal matters including copyright/trademark law and filings, leases, and legal compliance to prepare briefs for legal proceedings.
- Oversee organization growth activities including mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, share and asset purchase agreement drafting and compliance, acquisition integration (employees, processes, assets), and ASX/ASIC/NZ Company Office compliance and filings.
- Create legal correspondence for various staff members ensuring that information is kept secure at all stages of communication.
- Oversee the provision of external legal counsel advice and services.
- Provide Company Secretarial expertise in ASX listing compliance (ASX300, mid-cap), corporate governance processes and best practices, risk assessment/mitigation, portfolio management, ASIC/ NZ Companies Office/ NZ Financial Services Register document filing, and Board and Committee administration (agendas, Board papers and advice, minutes, etc).
- Group-wide project management including rebranding activities, risk management and corporate governance, lease management and facility changes, new corporate funding facility integration.
Coordinated legal advice and project management activities throughout the wider CSG Group (Australia, New Zealand and Singapore) for various staff members including the creation of documents, conducting research, and providing legal process preparation support. Manage relationships with company business partners by creating correspondence and keeping information secure.More
- As per above role
- As per above role
- Prepared legal briefs for counsel, conducting background research and due diligence reporting.
- Coordinated physical/electronic filing a legal document, as well as ensuring that legal documents are served to the appropriate parties.
- Drafting legal documents including claims, affidavits and subpoenas in various applications, reviewing documents for accuracy and completing drafting in a timely manner.
- Managed relationships and communications with various clients, opposing party's advisors, external business partners and court staff.
Providing legal support to senior staff including the drafting and processing of documents. Contributed to legal proceedings by conducting research and documenting research results to brief legal staff and clients on the relevant findings. Managed filing through Legal Aid Queensland and the Queensland and Federal Courts, coordinating the preparation of documents and ensuring that filings were completed accurately.More
- Represented the organisation as the first point-of-contact in the client experience process, interacting with clients and directing them to the appropriate department to address their needs. ;
- Vetted client concerns to identify possible conflicts-of-interest, and direct clients to appropriate resources.
Provided front-desk administrative support for customers needing company assistance. Communicated with customers to identify their needs, and direct them to the appropriate resource to address their needs.More
- Conducted research into various legal matters to develop detailed reports for senior leadership.
- Drafted legal documents including contracts, internal communications, and legal briefs.
- Prepared ASIC filing documents ensuring that all required information had been acquired and properly formatted to filing guidelines.
Collaborated with legal department staff to gain knowledge and first-hand experience in business legal processes while assisting department staff in completing company objectives.More
Education and Qualifications
|2014||Master of Laws - Commercial Law||Master's Degree||Queensland University of Technology||Yes|
|2013||Graduate Diploma - Legal Practice||Graduate Diploma||Queensland University of Technology||Yes|
|2012||Bachelor of Laws||Bachelor Degree||Queensland University of Technology||Yes|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Adobe PDF (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Office; (Advanced)