Professional at all levels and take pride in doing my job well. Keen to learn and learn easily.
• Safety Advisor / Trainer on construction of Gas Plant (Major Hazard Facility) • Develop training packages then train and manage new and existing employees according to employer requirements. • Managed training team locally and interstate for nationally accredited training and client based training. • Providing consultancy for safety, work at heights, confined space (including CS assessments) and training. • Training and auditing Permit to Work processes, field isolations and lockouts. • Site Safety Advisor / Trainer for iron ore crushing operations. • Account Manager for Sodium Cyanide sales to gold sector. • Managing workforce of fertiliser manufacture plant on continuous shift rotation on major hazard facility.More
- Delivering targeted training programs and workshops. ;
- Mentoring Supervisors in the field on Safety and Training matters.
- Performing Challenge test on plant, machinery and equipment in the field.
- Developing documentation to perform challenge tests on a number of machinery (including High Risk) and tools of trade.
- Ensuring the application of industry best practice. ;
- Facilitate ``E'' Learning modules for trainees.
- Carry out on site safety inspections and risk assessment audits
- Assist supervisors on safety matters
- Carry out incident investigations
- Carried out all requirements of role and any other extras asked of.
Specific role to project requirements.More
- Managing Account with Olympic Dam (BHP) and Regional Manager for South Australia including budgeting.
- Working with local Training organisations on indigenous training.
- Shutdown consultant for Work @ Height, Confined Space Assessments and Rescue.
- Safety consultant during shutdowns as liaison with all subcontractor's Safety Advisors involved with shutdown.
- Delivering nationally accredited training in Work @ Height, Confined Space, Atmospheric Testing and other courses.
- Deliver client required Isolation and Tagging training and audit Isolation and Tagging procedures.
- Deliver client required Permit to Work training and audit Permit to Work procedures.
- Develop training packages to meet VET and client requirements including internal auditing to ensure compliance.
- Managing quality control including client requirements, statutory requirements and SRA requirements to provide current and best practice information.
- Providing feedback and advice on improvements to all trainers.
- Training new trainers on SRA and client delivered courses, up skilling and developing trainers and setting training plans.
- Consulting for updating all Confined Spaces including rescue plans.
- Onsite trainer responsible for training of all personnel on fixed plant (Crushers, screens, conveyors and stackers etc) as well as all mobile machinery including F.E.L's bobcats (skidsteers) and excavators.
- Operate plant / equipment when required (Excavator, FEL, Franna crane, skidsteers)
- Train operators in isolation and tagging procedures to RioTinto requirements.
- Site Safety Advisor with primary responsibilities for all safety matters and working closely with mine host Safety personnel.
- Responsible for pre-starts, monthly safety meetings, daily safety performance/information notices, and quarterly inspections of safety equipment and quality of risk assessments.
- National accredited training through external RTO.
- Safety Advisor for A & T Concreting on Pindan construction site.
- Leading Hand on Formwork team.
- Managing sales of sodium cyanide to clients in the WA gold mining industry.
- Managing contracts, negotiating prices and contracts with the clients as well as dealing with production and delivery issues including visits to sites.
- Working with local shires for preferred routes for our transport of products and the emergency response including our own response team.
- Budgeting and forecasting using Wesfarmers ethos of 5 - 10 year planning with steady growth and improving margins.
- Working with plant management to plan production to coincide with delivery requirements.
- Planning and manning of a continuous 24/7 (20 operators) operation in fertilizer manufacture plant.
- Planning and implementing all training requirements of all operators new and old with view to pass on knowledge from experienced operators and ensure manning skills maintained including new processes introduced.
- Seeking and implementing continuous improvements around the plant using experienced/ non experienced operators and process / maintenance engineers.
- Performance of team against set KPI's with rewards for good performance and discipline for performance not up to standard.
- Coordinating and issuing work permits. ;
- Active involvement in production systems, policies and procedures. ;
- Environmental, internal and external relationships. ;
- Member of the ERT onsite with training in dealing with hazardous materials.
- Coordinating activities within the pilot plant working with Area Managers (country) in delivering new products to trial sites around the state.
- Assisting in development of new liquid fertilizers and coating of solid fertilizers with fungicides.
- Operating mobile crane (Franna - CB), forklift 3.5t.
- Dispatch Plant operator / Operating stores.
- Assist Area Manager (Sales) with negotiations with local farmers for sales of fertilizers.
Multiple Positions * * Sulphuric Acid Plant and Superphosphate Plant operator. ;More
- All facets of grain handling all year round at numerous sites
Education and Qualifications
|2015||Diploma WHS||Diploma||Birbeck Training||Yes|
|2010||Cert IV TAE||Safety and Rescue Australia||Yes|
|1998||Diploma in Frontline Management||CSBP||Yes|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2014||CB, CN, CV, LF, WP||Worksafe||Yes|
|1979||Heavy Vehicle||Dept of Transport WA||Yes|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)