Physical Science professional with over 30 years of experience in the fields of X-ray, diffraction, structural analysis, material science.
I have over 30 years of experience in the fields of X-ray/Neutron diffraction, structural analysis material science. During my professional career I have worked in a variety of research projects, including superionic conductors, high temperature superconductors, disordered materials, nanomaterials, metal-metal interfaces, diffractive imaging, structural biology, etc. I have delivered numerous oral presentations at international conferences and workshops. I have a list of publications in international scientific journals.More
- Analytical development and theoretical modeling of new methods and techniques in the area of X-ray diffractive imaging, and application of these methods to solving fundamental problems in structural biology and material science.
- Development of new methods of structural analysis of protein nanocrystals, particularly membrane proteins.
- Sharing responsibilities for the research activities of the Theory and Modeling team of CXS and day-to-day supervision of CXS students (Masters and PhD).
- Theoretical and experimental analysis of interfaces in interface-dominated nanomaterials.
- Development of nondestructive X-ray imaging techniques for the analysis of nanoscale particles, metal-metal interfaces, and cracks embedded in amorphous or crystalline materials.
- Sharing responsibilities for supervising PhD students.
- Working on the project: "Research and development of new superconducting materials".
- Development of the cross-platform (Windows/Unix/MAC OC) crystallographic software package VENUS for structural analysis of inorganic materials and minerals.
- Development of the multipurpose pattern fitting technique for the structural analysis of materials using X-ray and neutron powder diffraction data.
- Working on the project: "Optical and real structure investigations of fullerene single crystals grown in microgravity conditions".
- Theoretical and experimental study of growth and physical (structural, optical, electronic) properties of perfect fullerene and metal-doped fullerene single crystals.
- Collaborating with the Institute of Experimental Mineralogy in development and implementation of the crystallographic and crystallochemical database for minerals, MINCRYST.
- Collaborating with the Landau Institute of Theoretical Physics in development of the universal neural network server, NEUROSERVER.
- Supervising Masters and PhD students.
Member of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Solid State Physics. Deputy Head of the Structural Analysis Laboratory, Institute of Solid State Physics.More
- Working on the project: "Structure disordering in materials".
- Theoretical and experimental (X-ray and neutron diffraction) study of properties of inorganic and organic materials with the structural (static and dynamical) disordering.
- Development and implementation of the Rietveld refinement and Maximum Entropy methods for structural analysis of disordered materials.
- Theoretical and experimental study of the crystal structure, physical properties of novel high-temperature superconductors.
- X-ray diffraction study of growth, structural properties and phase transitions of rare-earth molybdates.
- Theoretical and experimental study of structural and physical properties of fullerene materials.
- Supervising Masters Students.
- Development of research skills and knowledge in the areas of fundamental and applied crystallography, X-ray optics, X-ray and neutron diffraction. Conducting first independent research experiments.
- Working on the project: "Novel superprotonic conductors: structure, phase transitions".
- Theoretical and experimental study of the crystals structure, phase transitions and physical properties of superionic and superprotonic conductors.
Education and Qualifications
|1989||PhD- Physics and Mathematics||Doctorate Degree||Institute of Solid State Physics, Russian Academy of Science||No|
|1983||Masters - Physics||Master's Degree||Yerevan State University||No|
1989: The Soros prize for young scientists. 1996: The first prize of the research works contest. Institute of Solid State Physics, Russian Academy of Science. 1997: Japan Science Technology Agency (STA) Fellowship
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- MATLAB (Intermediate)
- Photoshop Pro (Advanced)
- Java (Intermediate)
- HTML (Intermediate)
- SQL (Intermediate)
- C++ (Advanced)
- Fortran (Advanced)
- IDL (Advanced)