Accomplished, senior Marketing professional with retail and B2B experience.
Highly motivated marketing management professional with extensive expertise in generating and facilitating strategic and marketing performance initiatives to produce profits, aided by performance coaching skills to nurture and develop high performance teams and cultures.More
- Fixed-term consultancy contracts with local and international SME on various projects mainly focus on market research, industry insights, marketing strategies and market opportunities.
- Privately owned and operated NSW company involved third-party contract manufacturing of coated seafood products for many well respected commercial food brands both locally and internationally. Project: provide market research and evaluation of opportunities for entry and barrier threats in the Australian poultry market. - Project Achievement
- Market and industry insights report including SWOT analysis of the major industry players i.e. Inghams & Baiada.
- Development and launch of the new company website (guardsmanaustralia.com) combined with a Social Media platform via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Managed the Product's Regulatory Review with local authorities and company legal team on packaging compliances for importing into Australia, including executing the changes required.
- Development of imagery design and copy for packaging, brand collateral and advertising materials specific for the Australian markets consistent with global marketing and brand guideline strategies.
GUARDSMAN AUSTRALIA PTY LTD May 2011- Oct 2014 Australia-based division of Valspar Group USA, a multinational company, specialising in furniture care warranties and consumable furniture care products. Global marketing team (head-office based in Chicago USA) responsible for all brand management strategy and planning activities Local lead-management team responsible for product management and implementation of brand marketing and communications including P&L responsibilities. Role AchievementsMore
- Created and company-wide implementation of The House of Robert Timms, Bushells Coffee, Picco Coffee and Café Bar brand positionings; including the brands guidelines and strategies from NPD direction to the brands' imagery.
- Restructured the marketing department in line with the new marketing strategy and improvements in streamlining and effective execution of strategies and delivery of required corporate objectives
- Developed and implemented a targeted direct marketing campaign based 12 months promotion for a ``below the line'' trade activity in the B2B Foodservice and HORECA channels with the objective of reducing direct product discounting and driving incremental ``add-on'' sales, resulting in increase in sales performance results by 11% (from $4.5M to $4.995M) in financial year ending March 2014.
FRESH FOOD MANAGEMENT SERVICES PTY LTD Oct 2012- July 2014 Australia-based subsidiary of a Singapore-based multinational whose businesses include food and beverage manufacturing, hospitality chains and tobacco interests. B2B & Hospitality Responsible for the marketing strategy and executing plans within the company's market channel divisions in Australia and New Zealand, and providing leadership to the marketing team. Role AchievementsMore
National poultry manufacturer, total vertically-integrated grower and producer of fresh and fully-cooked poultry products to both retail and B2B channels.More
- Revamped and created a new Ingham brand imagery, and executing it across the packaging, POS, websites and marcomms.
- Project-led the development and management for the Inghams' ``Munchies'', from NPD to packaging design and market launch including a TVC plus print communication campaign, generating over $2M in Retail sales within the first 12 months and became the number two best selling frozen chicken snacks (behind Ingham Nuggets) in the Retail channel.
- Developed and executed a total makeover of Inghams' online presence with a new company social-media friendly website and a new CRM ``members only'' web portal combined with a series of online promotions, growing the Club Ingham membership from 10,000 to 96,000 members within the first two years of going live.
- Developed and managed the Ingham ``Lite'' Chicken range (Heart Foundation Tick) product awareness TVC and print campaign combined with below the line activities, resulting in a 15% uplift in sales quarterly results and a baseline sales increase of 6% in Retail.
- Project-led and executed ``Makes any Mum a Great Mum'' brand awareness campaign through integrated, multi-channel consumer communication e.g. TVCs, print, outdoor and online, increasing consumer brand awareness index from 70% to 85% unprompted recognition within the first 6 months (brand health measurement on bi-annual basis)
- Project-led and spearheaded the Foodservice channel ``Inghams has the Answer'' brand repositioning communication campaign including coordination of the advertising, POS materials and PR combined with a Foodservice-centric NPD strategy resulting in consistent channel revenue growth from AUD102M to AUD160M over a six year period (2004 - 2010).
Responsible for brand and product management including marketing communications and NPD for both the Ingham and Chickadee brands. Role AchievementsMore
- Managed and executed a successful ``below the line'' new product market launch of the ``Up & Go'' product including in-store activities and street product sampling across 3 cities (Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch).
SANITARIUM HEALTHFOODS COMPANY LTD Oct 1999- Nov 2000 New Zealand-based national food manufacturer, producer of the iconic breakfast cereal Weet-Bix and beverage Up & Go. Responsible for providing support to the National Marketing Manager and two Brand Managers, as well as taking lead-management in all below the line activities and research projects. Role AchievementsMore
Education and Qualifications
|2000||Bachelor of Business Studies - Marketing/Marketing Management||Bachelor Degree||UNITEC Institute of Technology||No|
- Office (Advanced)
- Aztec (Advanced)
- acneilsen (Advanced)