Product Manager with over 20 years of marketing and sales experience. Hard working and not afraid of a challenge.
Currently a Product Manager for Hitachi Power Tools and previously a Product Manager for ITW Proline, Techtronic Industries, Ryobi Power Tools, Sales and Marketing Manager for Wayne Gardner Enterprises, Area Manager for Ryobi Power Tools, Customer Service Supervisor for Ryobi Power Tools and Warehouse Supervisor for Ryobi Power Tools.More
- Product management of two key category product categories
- Responsible for the development and activities of one report (Assistant Product Manager)
- Development of category marketing plans and strategies
- Management and coordination of category marketing promotional activities including advertising
- Monthly product category forecasting management
- Development of category sales promotions and key account presentations
- Assist with the coordination of key account manager's product submissions
- Category product pricing monitoring, analysing and reporting
- Ensuring the categories product mix is competitive with market competitor's specifications and pricing
- Liaising with overseas engineers and designers on specifications for new products
- Category sales performance monitoring and reporting
- Strategy development for poor performing products
- Australian Packaging Covenant liaising and reporting
- Successful category and product submissions resulting in bringing in new business and further
- Development of category marketing plans and communication strategies with many of these plans
- Product category growth through the launch of innovative new products and product line
- Development and implementation of an internal and external training program including training and
- Successfully negotiated price reductions from local and overseas suppliers resulting in greater gross
- Launch of several new products to the market including point of sale and sales launch packs for
- Implementation of the categories market gap analysis, competitive landscapes and new product
- Procurement of cost effective point of sale material and promotional giveaway collateral
- Advertising campaigns implemented with agencies and publishers
Hitachi Power Tools - Hitachi Koki Co. Ltd. has been an independent member of the broadly diversified Hitachi group since 1948. Its position as a specialist power tool company within a large industrial group brings important benefits to customers who receive immediate access to the latest advancements in metallurgy, motor design and electronics. RESPONSIBILITIES:More
- End to end product brand management of two key brands worth over $30M per annum combined.
- Analyse business performance, the marketplace and competitors whilst identifying issues and
- Monthly and yearly sales performance monitoring and reporting on brand performance.
- Customer store visits and attend customer product reviews.
- Develop strategies and plans to achieve portfolio objectives.
- Develop and manage the product range within portfolio. ;
- Ensure effective inventory coverage for new product lines.
- Support national account managers and state sales management with promotions and sales
- Ensure product information is maintained and up to date within internal IT systems.
- Communicate with local and overseas suppliers and designers on new product opportunities.
- Liaise with inventory, logistics and all levels of the sales team on a regular basis.
- Maintained effective communication and strong relationships with local and overseas suppliers
- Successful development and implementation of a brand specific consumer promotion including prize
- Enhanced the competitive advantage, market position and improved sales with the launch of several
- Coordination of product development on a new category with internal and external teams resulting in
- Development of 2010 category and brand plans including category scorecards. ;
- Monitored overseas markets, trends and developments in new products.
- Continuity & supply of both brands was met to avoid nil stocks and or excessive inventory.
- Reduction of cost of goods and improved gross profit by resourcing certain products without
- Reviewed several poor performing product ranges and produced the necessary marketing tools to
- Developed marketing activity presentations for new products and new customers.
- Achievement of yearly key performance indicators resulting in bonus incentives being paid.
ITW Proline Pty.Ltd - Product Manager (Ramset & Pryda brands) ITW Proline - is Australia's leading supplier of fasteners and hardware to retail customers for over 50 years, with products and services being distributed exclusively through retail hardware outlets and mass merchants. RESPONSIBILITIES:More
- Product management of two brands worth in excess of $38M per annum.
- Attend overseas group product summits to provide input on product specifications.
- Direct relationships with head office buyers and category managers in all distribution channels.
- B2B marketing involving suppliers and agencies of products and sales channels.
- New product development from inception to launches. ;
- Management of new and existing product pricing, including analysis, profit margins and forecasting
- Management of product safety approvals including regulations and standards.
- Identifying and manage new company product opportunities through market research and competitor
- Development of product specification features and benefits and other relevant point of sale material to
- Researching, compiling and maintaining portfolio's category product gap analysis utilising all
- Visited overseas factories to ensure product specification and packaging where kept in line with the
- Provided necessary feedback to designers and engineers during overseas product group summits.
- Design and implementation of a national training program.
- Total management and coordination of national trade shows and exhibitions.
- Development of future product and marketing road maps. ;
- Constant communications and work in progress meetings with local and overseas vendors to ensure
- Delivering new product and pricing presentations to head office category managers and category
- Management and distribution of new product launches including supplying the sales team with
- Implementation of yearly category plans including pricing analysis and adjustments.
- Achievement of yearly key performance indicators resulting in bonus incentives being paid.
Techtronic Industries Australia Pty.Ltd - Product Manager (Ryobi & Homelite brands) Techtronic Industries - is a world-class leader in design, manufacturing and marketing of power tools, outdoor power equipment, and floor care appliances for consumers, professional and industrial users in the home improvement, repair and construction industries. RESPONSIBILITIES:More
- Responsible for a sales budget worth over $15M per annum, made up of 12 brands.
- Production of yearly sales and marketing plans, including strategies.
- Management of sales and marketing activities for the business reporting back to the director.
- Management of 9 reports including area managers, agency reps and warehouse personnel.
- Analyse business performance with close scrutiny on company set sales budgets.
- Overseeing purchase orders in conjunction with the operations manager to ensure the correct
- Warehouse stock control and ensuring all warehouse functions are being met.
- Setting media plans for advertising including magazine publications and trade shows.
- Web site management including upgrades and changes to the content via a new content
- Management of product clearances to alleviate any over stocks or dead stock situations.
- Logistics and booking of all national trade shows.
- Development of 2007 sales and marketing strategies and plans. ;
- Initiated the use of the sales reps reporting system using weekly call cards, call planners and sales
- Generated new point of sale material for all brands. ;
- Development of pricing strategies to be profitable and competitive within the market.
- Design and implementation of product catalogue, containing all 12 brands.
- Management and design of new product launches to end users and trade.
- Development and presenting product and company presentations to buyers.
- Implementation and management of a gap analysis program with detailed information on competitive
- Effective communication and dealings with key company suppliers overseas and locally.
- Development of monthly special deals incorporating the use of a specials flyer.
- Facilitate new and existing product training for all staff and dealers.
Wayne Gardner Enterprises - is a Wollongong based motorcycle accessories import business providing quality brands such as Michelin and EBC to motorcycle dealers Australia wide. RESPONSIBILITIES:More
- Responsible for product portfolio's worth in excess of $60M per annum.
- End to end product management of several different categories.
- Total ownership of new products entering and exiting the market.
- Responsible for pricing, promotions, placement, distribution, catalogues and specials list with the use
- In-house web site updates. ;
- Management of future sales opportunities through press release activities nationally and
- Management and implementation of the national trade shows and exhibitions program to further
- Management of product safety approvals. ;
- Promotional program coordination for the key accounts during peak sales periods.
- Assist national account managers with managing category forecast and budgets.
- Assist the supply department with overseas purchase orders, customs, tariffs, warehousing and
- Overseas supplier visits to source new products and discuss any existing product quality issues.
- Formulated the successful implementation of the categories programs through retailer presentations
- Assisted with the creative design of new dynamic packaging, adding valued features, point of sale
- Developed and coordinated the internal staff training program to enhance the performance and build
- Identify the need and created new product launch packs for the sales team to use during the sell in
- Studied market trends and gaps in product categories by developing competitor landscapes and gap
- Managed and assessed business plans and proposed initiatives to increase the existing customer
- Generation of monthly sales reports detailing business market activity while identifying areas of
- Developed and presented new product presentations to buyers in all key accounts resulting in new
Techtronic Industries - is a world-class leader in design, manufacturing and marketing of power tools, outdoor power equipment, and floor care appliances for consumers, professional and industrial users in the home improvement, repair and construction industries. RESPONSIBILITIES:More
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTMore
Education and Qualifications
|2017||Bachelors Degree - Communications||Bachelor Degree||Swinburne University of Technology||No|
|2009||Bachelor of Business - Marketing||Bachelor Degree||University of New England||No|
|2004||Business (Marketing)||Certificate IV||Wollongong TAFE||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2007||National Licence to Perform High Risk Work Class LF & LO||Workcover||No|
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Photoshop Pro (Basic)
- SAP (Intermediate)
- Cognos (Intermediate)