Strong management and leadership exp. Broad technical, operational and service skills. A good guy to have in your senior leadership team.
I am a dynamic and robust professional with a successful background across generalist and specialist HR functions, including employee relations, industrial relations, resourcing, OD, performance management, workers' compensation and learning and development having consulted to small and medium business prior to being employed over the past 9 years across large manufacturing, engineering, mining and minerals processing operations. Whilst a large portion of my career has been on the service side in HR leadership and specialist roles, over the past 7 years I have transitioned and gained experience within operations and technical disciplines, supporting all levels and working closely with leadership and front line teams facilitating and implementing change management, organisational development and business improvement projects.More
- Charged with delivering across all transactional HR, OSH & QA responsibilities on a daily basis, whilst also identifying, establishing and implementing strategic initiatives for each area in support of 5 year plan - 320 employees (160 on shopfloor). Minimal HR, OSH, QA direction provided, all self initiated.
- Strategic responsibilities (across HR, OSH & QA) entail the design and delivery of moderate to major change and people initiatives. Tasked with establishing the parameters of the change initiative (context, purpose), influencing stakeholders and then design and delivery of any/all facilitation and communication activities.
- Extensive review, creation and roll-out of existing and modern HR policies and procedures, along with awareness and competency training for users.
- Annually design and deliver Employee Feedback Workshops to establish engagement levels, EVP, elicit feedback on employee initiatives. Compile expansive report on outcomes inclusive of recommendations.
- Substantive recruitment across all levels of the business. Business has grown 65 in headcount in 2.5 years. Responsible for the recruitment of over 300 persons to-date. Responsible for establishing 457 SBS status and undertaking many 457 visa efforts.
- Driven an increase in retention through initiatives reducing turnover from 109% to 16% over five years.
- Development and part delivery of Training and Development programs, for leadership, supervisor and shopfloor levels.
- Design and implementation of Shopfloor KPI/Visual Management System to support Top-Down/Bottom-Up alignment and as a central component to our engagement strategy and our Wildly Important Goal program.
- Responsible for creating and rolling out new Performance Review system (aligned with Core Values, Organisation Competencies, Individual Scorecard and Achievement Plan) and subsequent detailed reporting of program (semi-annually).
- Handle all grievance/disciplinary processes, from misconduct to performance management matters.
- Manage industrial relations risks of union presence, including Right of Entry, union representation and attendance at Equal Opportunity and WAIRC. Oversee reactive and strategic initiatives.
- Establishment of a business Improvement function within the auspices of QA involving collation of company-wide defect/quality data, paretoing of quality issues, scoping of projects, number crunching, analysis and determination of EBIT value for the purpose of creating project teams to address top issues.
- Migrated entire Quality System from a `useless' paper-based system to an online/intranet based value add system which is now accessible and utilised by all employees. Successfully met on each occasion external audit compliance for ISO9001:2008 standard, including 2012 Triennial Audit with nil non-conformances and 2013 and 2014 with nil Areas of Concern.
- Manage and deliver OSH initiatives (Policy, Awareness, Programs, Cost/Benefit analysis, Investigation Reports, Risk Assessments, Safety Committee/Team) which have led to better results, greater penetration of OSH awareness and an appreciation for doing the basics of OSH well. TRIFR reduced from 109 to 55 in five years. Led business to obtain accreditation of AS4801 OSH Systems in 2014.
- Management of all Workers' Compensation cases (over 200 recordable injuries to-date), strong working relationships with insurer, legal, broker and rehab providers. Successfully reduced premium by 50% in first 2 years and now have confidence in using a burner insurance product.
- Provision of remuneration advice and structures, oversee time and attendance system and payroll function.
- Establishment of Talent Management program, roll-out of development program to identified talent.
- Substantive monthly reporting across all key HR, OSH and QA metrics.
- Lead project teams through Six Sigma DMAIC Process, defining problem, developing baseline data, analysing root causes and devising solutions for implementation.
- Introduce Lean concepts to front-line and supervisor teams (holding workshops) for inclusion within their teams/areas general work practices.
- Develop and add to project pipeline (future projects pre-scoped with EBIT values signed-off)
Reporting to: Utilities Manager / Business Improvement Superintendent Operational role that was 100% service orientated (consultant model), delivering improvement services and solutions in a quasi--internal consultant capacity.More
Reporting to: Utilities Manager Operational role, supporting the Utilities Department and indirectly the HR department in the ongoing training requirements of all Utilities personnel and the roll out of Organisational Development strategies, at frontline, supervisor, superintendent, department manager levels.More
- Conducted overseas and national recruitment drives as lead recruiter to South Africa and other Australian BHPB sites.
Position(s): Senior Engineering Recruiter (Contract) Reporting to: Project Director Part of a project recruitment team tasked with the recruitment of 600+ operations personnel for greenfields nickel operation - Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation (RNO).More
- Responsible for the development and management of the internal `white collar' recruitment function, which was responsible for the recruitment of support staff, technical and professional personnel across Corporate Services and the Maintenance and Construction Engineering Divisions - 8 direct reports
Reporting to: HR Director Direct Reports: 8 (6x Recruiters, 2x Support)More
SUPERIOR PERSONNEL SUPERIOR HR Position(s): Owner / Operator This was a small consultancy which serviced private and government agency clients with the provision of Resourcing and project HR services. Reason for leaving: Desire to work in larger organisations. Business sold as a going concern.More
Education and Qualifications
|2009||Cert IV Workplace Training||Other||Unknown||No|
|1993||Bachelor of Business - Human Resource Management and Business||Other||Memphis State University||No|