More than 30 years experience in engineering, working in the UK, Australia and SE Asia
- Part time. Design review and tender evaluation.
- Short term projects completed as per scope.
- All aspects of project management (QMS to ISO 9001), from proposal stage, through all design stages, then CM.
- Successful completion of new factories for clients such as Nestle, Colgate Palmolive, Akzo Nobel, Kimberly Clark
Overall responsibility and control of project complete life cycle, including contract negotiations, coordination of design across all disciplines, scheduling and cost control change control. Monthly report writing. Checking and design input for process equipment, mechanical utilities systems (eg. fire fighting, WWTP, drain systems) and infrastructure. Principal contact between the consultant and client. Running several projects simultaneously.More
- Management of consultant M&E site staff during equipment repair and installation stages.
- All M&E equipment inspected, repaired and installed into a 300,000 m3/day Pumping Station and Water Treatment Plant
Liaison with the PMU and EPC Contractor for all M&E issues. Equipment was held in storage for 10 years, therefore needed assessment. Responsible for preparation of equipment assessment reports, creation of project equipment lists, repair guidelines, technical specifications, data sheets, and some design modifications. Contribution to monthly project reports and organization of weekly progress checks and punch lists during construction.More
- Design and installation supervision of factory upgrades/shutdowns at Caltex, BOC, Incitec, EDL
- Successful installation of mech equipment upgrades/modifications during shutdown.
- Design, installation and testing of insecticide pilot plant
- Creation of P&IDs, engineering packages. Successful installation and testing
Participation in trials to determine process parameters, and specification of new equipment to be fitted into existing plant, (some existing equipment utilised/modified). Preparation of P&ID’s. Developments of software interlock philosophy. Research and sourcing of vendor equipment. Preparation of equipment and installation cost estimate. Technical Spec. preparation. Technical evaluation & selection of vendor equipment. Review of vendors.More
- Specification and Technical Evaluation of equipment associated with Phosphate Hill Phosphoric Acid Plant
- Critical equipment evaluated and selected. Eg. Fans, Hoists, Agitators, Pumps, Tanks and Vessels.
- Design and specification of mech items for sugar factories. Coordination of design with fabricators.
- Design fix-ups and subsequent inspection and release of equipment from fabricators.
Co-ordination of Structural, Mechanical and Piping disciplines. Inspection and release of equipment at fabricators. Instigation of design modifications to suit Site and Fabricator requirements. Inspection/trouble shooting at fabricators in Ho Chi Minh, Hai Phong and Cam Pha.More
- Boyne Smelters. Design and coordination of Compressor Building equipment. Site construction back-up
- Ensured that the Compressor House equipment was properly designed and installed. On site fix-ups.
- Upgrade work design and site supervision at Boyne Smelters (Gladstone) and BP Refinery (Brisbane)
- Successful design and completion of works into existing installations
- BHP Steel, Port Kembla Design of trough conveyors for iron ore and pellets.
- Completed design of trough conveyors for iron ore and pellets, inc. transfer chutes and diverter gates.
Equipment designed for installation into existing structures.More
- Design and installation supervision and commissioning of automated abattoir equipment.
- Kilcoy Abattoir. Equipment successfully installed as per design.
Operation and monitoring of equipment during trials and identification of mechanical / process problems associated with automated equipment. Consultation with CSIRO personnel, slaughter men, mech/elec/inst/hydraulic engineers and programmers. Design modifications to suit process / operational requirements. Liaison with programmers to effect changes to the PLC program in order to accommodate mechanical changes.More
- Design, co-ordination and interfacing of Railcar under frame- equipment. Testing and commissioning.
- Production instigated for the Lightweight Diesel Rail Passenger Vehicle (Sprinter), for PTC, Victoria
Design, co-ordination and interfacing of Railcar under frame-mounted equipment, including: Diesel engine and transmission modules, auxiliary traction equipment (eg. control and protection systems). Braking systems, miscellaneous under frame components, P&ID issue. Design drawings check. Compilation of Technical Specifications and Scopes of Supply for vendor equipment Compilation of test specifications. Testing and commissioning.More
- Design of waste systems associated with nuclear fuels processing
- Design of waste handling equipment incorporated into specialized buildings.
Preliminary layout and subsequent design of conveyor systems, compactors, remote handling units, monitoring equipment and general plant items. Initiation of Engineering flow diagrams and compilation of sequence and interlock definition documents for plant conveying and compaction control systems.More
- Design input for channel tunnel loco
- Design of light-weight equipment installed into loco chassis.
- Design of mechanical systems and equipment
- Worked as a mechanical engineer in various industries in the UK. Mostly design, but some test and commissioning.
Design work for various projects including BOPP film plant for ICI, MASWEP project for British Nuclear Fuels, materials handling equipment at Simon Carves Ltd, food equipment design and testing at Simon Oakes Ltd.More
Education and Qualifications
5 years full time study of engineering at Salford, UK (OND and HND from 1972 to 1977) constitutes a significant engineering education, and virtually equivalent to a degree. Yes, I should have done the degree course.More
|1977||Mechanical Engineering||Advanced Diploma||The University of Salford||No|
|1974||Mechanical/Electrical Engineering||Diploma||The University of Salford||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||R - Rider||-||No|
|-||C - Car||-||No|
Achieved standards of design, construction and HSE in Vietnam which were comparable to that found in Australia, Europe and the USA, whilst working with local staff not familiar with “Western” standards and time scheduling. Managed the design and construction of the first factory in Vietnam to be LEED certified.
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Basic)
- Acrobat Pro (Intermediate)
- Mac-Pages (Basic)
- Mac-Numbers (Basic)
- MS Project (Intermediate)