Senior Management in Engineering Projects, Asset Management, Operations,Contract Audits
Extensively experienced Senior Management Executive leveraging engineering background and project managed multidiscipline, multimillion dollar projects through design, construction, and installation, handing over within approved scope, quality, budget & time to satisfaction of Clients for Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Sustainability, Wave Energy, Commercial Solar Panels, Power Plants, Power Substations, Transmission and Distribution Projects; Managed and contributed to program resourcing, reporting deliverables, defined and developed strategies and contributed to solutions for strategic business planning, operational effectiveness, interpreted trends, problem areas and opportunities, budget planning, forecasting, and leadership of multi-discipline teams. Exceptional technical skills evidenced by innovations resulting in millions of dollars of savings and accelerated project completion timelines, sharp contract and negotiation skills that deliver greater cost savings Commitment to safe operations demonstrated by a multitude of qualifications and the development of compliant health and safety initiatives.More
- Slashed project costs and expedited timeline through effective technical and contract strategy, including:
- Saved $500,000 on Harmonic Filters with innovations for the $63M Prospect Raw Water Pumping Station project and $1.8M for the $24M Warragamba Dam Electrical Upgrade project.
- Cut $2.5M from project cost and 1 year off project timeline through design innovation on the $60M Warragamba Dam Deep Storage project.
- Earned SWC and SCA accreditation to carry out high voltage operations, issue of access and work permits, switching instructions, and assess qualifications for high voltage operators.
- Accredited Service Provider for network, substation, transmission and distribution system planning and operations.
- Relieved the position of Project Delivery Manager for over a year, managing a staff of 11 project personnel.
- Won the Outstanding Performance Award for 2007 for Project Management, innovative savings in project cost and time. ;
- Managed the design delivery partners to provide innovative solutions in line with Australian Standards (AS) and international best practices
- Managed key suppliers, subcontractors and stakeholders to meet cost targets and project timelines
- Facilitated Progress meetings and Monthly cost and programme reporting.
- Actively participated and provided specialist input at tender and bid workshops with stakeholders.
- Provided commissioning input across projects and specialist contractors.
- Managed and developed people by motivating and mentoring staff and resources, training and learning agreements in line with corporate business plan to manage change and optimise business outcomes to meet predetermined goals and deadlines within time, budget and safety, environmental and quality to exceed the satisfaction of Client. ;
SYDNEY CATCHMENT AUTHORITY * NSW * BULK WATER - ASSET Client side Project Manager for multi-discipline projects, managing budgets of up to $63M to upgrade dam equipment. Demonstrated technical expertise and negotiation skills as the Technical & Contract Specialist Advisor for additional major projects. Collaborated with stakeholders to develop safe Standard Operating Procedures for high voltage environments, operating cranes near power lines, and working near underground cables. As the manager of the Electrical Center of Excellence, Chaired Tender Evaluation Panels and developed business plans, budget and business forecasts, and Standard Operating Procedures. Led and implemented strategic maintenance and staffing plans, as well as Work Practices and Standards. Managed human resource operations, including hiring and performance reviews. KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS:More
Asset Creation Engineer Asset Solutions Group, Pipe head Complex Client side Project Manager for multi-discipline projects, managing budgets of up to $32M to upgrade sewage treatment plants. Demonstrated technical expertise and negotiation skills as the Technical & Contract Specialist Advisor for additional major projects. As the manager of the Electrical Centre of Excellence, Chaired Tender Evaluation Panels and developed business plans, budget and business forecasts, and Standard Operating Procedures. Led and implemented strategic maintenance and staffing plans, as well as Work Practices and Standards. Managed human resource operations, including hiring and performance reviews.More
- Developed & implemented documentation of standard operating & testing procedures for ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Carried out quality audits and inspection of process lines.
- Provided engineering for product development ;
- Engineered quotations & executed projects in line with consultants specifications for supply & installation of lighting, fan, range hood, heater & electrical accessories to customer satisfaction
- Developed Quality Circle groups and led groups to brain storm and solve problems ;
- Electrical system modification and installation of 1x10 MW Gas Turbine Captive Generation for Madras Refineries
- Coal handling system for 2 x 62.5 MW Southern Generating Station for Calcutta Electric Supply Company
- New 6.6 kV SF6 substation expansion for Madras Refineries Ltd.
- Modernization and expansion of electrical system for Gokak Textile Mills
- Modernization and expansion of electrical system for ACC Cement Mills
- Capacity expansion of 1 x 110 MW Ahmedabad Second Thermal Power Station.
- Fertilizer Corporation of India Ramagundam Unit 400 kV Tie-up with National Thermal Power Corporation.
- Electrical system modernization and capacity expansion for Madras Refineries Ltd.
- Electrical system modernization and capacity expansion for Gokak Textile Mills
- Electrical system modernization and capacity expansion to reduce the transmission and distribution losses in power system for Electricity Department Government of Pondicherry
- Electrical system modernization and capacity expansion for conversion of existing mercury arc rectifiers to 12 x 1 MW Thyristor drives for TATA Iron & Steel Company Ltd.
- Remnant life study and techno-economic study for replacement of 110 MW Units 1, 2 & 3 Trombay Thermal Power Station for TATA Electric Supply Company
- Remnant life study and techno-economic study for replacement of 110 MW Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 Bhira Hydro-electric Power Station for TATA Hydro-electric Supply Company
- 1 x 110 MW Ahmedabad Thermal Power Station ;
- 3 x 210 MW Neyveli Second Thermal Power Station Stage-1 ;
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Project Manager for the following Thermal Power Stations: Project Manager for the following Industrial Projects: Project Manager for the following Power System Study Projects: Specialist Engineer for the following Specialty Projects: Project Engineer for the following Thermal Power Stations:More
Education and Qualifications
Master of Business Administration, Technology Management with Distinction 2006 Specialised in Advance Project Management, Risk Engineering, Business Law and Corporate Finance Association of Professional Engineers, Scientist & Managers Australia & LaTrobe University, Australia Master of Electrical Engineering with Distinction Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India 1977 Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (First Rank) University College of Engineering, Bangalore, India 1975 Diploma in Management, All India Management Association, New Delhi, India 1991 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Asset Management Fundamentals, Asset Management Council ACT, Australia PAS55 Asset Management, Institute of Asset Management, England Prince2 Project Management, Tanner James Management Consultant ACT, Australia ACCREDITATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS Audit Management Systems ISO 19011 and Audit Quality Management Systems ISO 9001, Exemplar Global Australia. Accredited to Chair Tender Evaluation Panels to comply with NSW Treasury Guidelines, Sydney Water NSW Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Leader accreditation from ICI, NSW 21527 TAFE Plus Regulatory Safety 2, NSW Work Cover Accreditation OHS AS 2865, NSW Electrical Safety Rules for Substation Entry, Work and Test, Endeavour Energy NSW Request IT for Disconnection and Reconnection of High Voltage Systems, Endeavour Energy NSW AFFILIATIONS Corporate Member and Chartered Professional Engineer, Institution of Engineers, Australia Affiliate Member, Institute of Asset Management, England Corporate Member, Asset Management Council, Australia Alumni Member, La Trobe University, Australia Justice of the Peace, NSW, AustraliaMore
|2009||21527 TAFE PLUS Regulatory Safety 2||TAFE NSW||No|
|2008||Safe Working in Confined Spaces NSW OHS Legislation||CT & Consulting Pty Ltd NSW||No|
|2006||Master of Business Administration Technology Management||MBA||LaTrobe University Australia||Yes|
|1998||Work Cover Accreditation OHS AS2865||NSW Work Cover||No|
|1977||Master of Electrical Engineering||Master's Degree||Indian Institute of Science Bangalore India||No|
|1975||Bachelor of Electrical Engineering||Bachelor Degree||University College of Engineering Bangalore India||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|2014||PAS55 Asset Management||Institute of Asset Management England||No|
|2014||Accredited to Audit Management System to ISO 19011 and Quality System to ISO 9001||Exemplar Global Australia||No|
|2012||Prince2 Project Management||Tanner James Management Consultant||No|
|2009||GC21 NSW Government Construction Contract||NSW Government||No|
|2008||Justice of Peace||NSW Judiciary||No|
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- Access (Advanced)
- ArchiCAD (Advanced)
- Acrobat Pro (Advanced)
- Publisher, Microsoft Projects, Flow Chart, Outlook, (Advanced)
- Ellipse (Advanced)
- Internet Explorer, Chrome, Share Point, People Soft, Maximo, (Advanced)
- City Works, Tender Link, Drawing Infomation System, E-Documentation, RIVA, Prince2, (Advanced)
- VBA (Advanced)
- Sharepoint (Advanced)
- HTML (Advanced)