An experienced builder with over 12 years under my belt. Strong attention to detail, reliable and hard working.
- To erect a single storey, timber frame house within eight weeks in a remote area in South Hedland.
- Completing the new build project ahead of scheduled time in a remote area and challenging working conditions.
My role was to erect a residential home within eight weeks. I shared the task with one other carpenter. We were responsible for co-ordinating sub-contractors, sourcing materials and managing the site overall. Exceptional time management skills were essential with consideration of three weeks for materials to arrive. We exceeded the clients expectations, not only by completing ahead of schedule but with the execution and quality of the build.More
- Carrying out light commercial construction with up to 300 others while adhering to health and safety requirements.
- Commended on quality workmanship and appraised for efficiency with several projects completed ahead of schedule.
I worked at various sites during my time with South Coast Construction. These include two projects where I was in sole charge. One being residential extensions and alterations to a luxury family home. The other was a private hospital upgrade which included extensions and alterations. Both projects were completed well in advance due to quality and accuracy of build.More
- Building new Town House Complexes with teams of up to 25 builders. Sole charge of bathroom set outs of all units.
- Completion of new town houses ranging between $300k - $500 per unit.
At Paragon Builders I was a leading hand on a site building 62 new town houses, two of which I erected with sole responsibility. I was required to read and follow very detailed plans, organise and delegate my teams tasks, set expectations, implement and supervise health and safety requirements at all times. Clear communication and constant updates and reviewing of work is essential in order to keep to budgets set for the three year contract.More
- Networking and keeping up to date with current building sites and contracts in order to gain wok as a contractor.
- Manage my own business and have continuous work.
Being self employed allowed me to have the flexibility to enjoy time and events with my son at an important age. This was a great challenge and gave me opportunities to work on residential sites doing house alterations, decks and retaining wall extensions. Working on residential homes was very rewarding as I experienced the families appreciation of my workmanship.More
- Light commercial work, including fit outs and small alterations within the Wellington CBD.
- Gaining my National Certificate in Carpentry as I started as an apprentice.
Majority of the work I carried out was light commercial fit outs. Two major jobs I was involved in was erecting a building of 56 apartments and gutting a prime location, waterfront office block and transforming into a luxury block called Chaffers Dock Apartments. I was able to showcase my strong attention to detail and quality workmanship as I spent my time building the two Penthouses.More
Education and Qualifications
I attended Massey University in Wellington New Zealand to gain my pre-trade certificate in Carpentry. Upon gaining this, I was employed as an apprentice at Capital Construction Ltd where I completed my National Certificate in Carpentry.More
|2005||Natonal Certificate In Carpentry||Trade Certificate||BCITO||Yes|
|-||White Card (NSW)||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
Gaining National Certificate in Carpentry.
- Word (Basic)