Strong work/safety ethic Seeking heavy machinery operator, carpenter, site maintenance or labourer positions
- Performing all facets of carpentry, building and maintenance work. Used a variety of power tools on site.
- Dedicated and committed to safe work practices, injury and incident free. Confidently liaising with clients
Being an all rounder on the job site enabled my clients to just use myself as the one tradesman on site to do jobs such as carpentry, plastering, steel frame erection, tiling, painting,roofing, formworker and concreter. This led to a large client base in which clients whom own a number of units will call on me often to fix a number of problems.They also know to trust me unsupervised in or on their properties and in my calibre of workmanship.More
- Supervised apprentice carpenters and labourers so as to meet client objectives.Dedicated to safe work practices
- Demonstrated a strong practical aptitude and proven ability to adapt quickly to new tasks.Team environment working
Worked with a team of tradesmen, labourers and an apprentice to build new homes, renovate and construct first storey additions. We also did our own formwork and concreting for house slabs as well as paths and driveways. I demonstrated within the team a strong work/ safety aptitude as well as the willingness to work longer hours or weekends to fullfill the clients time frames. The ability to get along with my workmates is a strong characteristicMore
- Worked as a senior carpenter on prestigious residential and commercial projects such as Melbourne Aquarium
- Strong work ethic and able to function well in team environment. Safe work practice,injury & incident free record
Worked with at least 6 different builders as well as 'going out on my own'. Five of these Builders were house builders experiencing everything from framing, plastering, fixouts, cladding and roofing. Working on the Melbourne Aquarium as a sub contractor to the main builder delivering outstanding workmanship in the fitting of the interior doors, hardware and smoke seals.More
- Carpenter in team environment, on commercial sites throughout W.A. including Kalgoorlie, Broome, Mandurah & Perth
- Demonstrated the ability to work effectively in remote locations. Excellent ohs record on big commercial sites
Worked on job sites through out W.A., subcontracting to the builder Cooper and Oxley, constructing the Mandurah Civic Centre, Rockingham University Campus, and a large Catholic nursing home in Kalgoorlie. I also worked a fitter for Willisford Interiors as a cabinet installer in large commercial sites throughout Perth. I built a number of houses subcontracting to Ross Squire homes all round W.A. Worked in Broome on a resort under construction.More
- My role included working with a variety of other tradesmen using all mechanical tools from drills to jackhammers.
- Proud to work as senior carpenter on one site to organise other trades in fulfilling builders objectives.
I worked on various projects all around North London mainly working in a team environment with other Kiwi and Aussie tradesmen. My role was fixing old windows, doors, constructing walls and new flooring in government owned buildings.More
- Used a variety of power tools on site including power saws, grinders, routers, drills, drop saws, jack hammers etc
- After the 4 year apprenticeship I had a greater proficiency in the use of power tools, safety on site & Trade Cert.
Completed my Apprenticeship in Hamilton, New Zealand with a pass in Trade Certificate and a better understanding of building practices. As well as building houses we also constructed light commercial buildings and concrete structures. I was responsible to keep the site tidy and free from obstacles and dangers including leads off the ground etc.More
- cleaning up and helping tradesmen. Cutting ceiling tiles to fit grids and helping unloading trucks.
- First job after school to develop my skills in the construction industry to be ready for Carpentry Apprenticeship
Working on large commercial sites to fit suspended ceilings. Great experience to see what it was like on work sites for the first timeMore
Education and Qualifications
Passed School Certificate(5th form), Passed 6th Form Certificate, and finished 7th form education. Passed Trades certificate in carpenterMore
|1991||Carpenter Trade Certificate||Trade Certificate||Waikato Polytechnic,||Yes|
|1987||Full Year 12 education||Senior Secondary Education (Yr12)||Morrinsville College||No|
|-||White card (QLD, TAS & WA)||No|
|-||GIQ Coal Mine Induction (Surface Mining) - Standard 11 Induction||No|
|-||Senior First Aid or Workplace Level 2||No|
|-||OHS Construction Induction training||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||Front End Loader||No|
|-||Skid Steer Loader (Bobcat)||No|
Licensed Carpenter of 20yrs Trade Certificate Carpentry Generic Mining Induction (Standard 11) 2012 White Card- 2011 Skid Steer (Bob Cat) licence 2012 Front Loader licence 2012 Excavators licence 2012 Forklift licence 2012 First Aid Certificate 2011 HR truck licence 2012
- Excel (Basic)