Provide solutions by employing technology, the best mining engineering practice, setting exemplary safety standards
I am a Manger of Technical Services. I was the Chief Executive Officer of ConsultMine. I am the Chief Executive Officer and Company Secretary for Adiamante, developing prototype products and their commercialization. I am an expert in safe systems, optimising production, environmental expectations and regulatory constraints. I have extensive experience in Planning, Financials, Logistics, Project Management, Mining Engineering, Geomechanics and Mine Ventilation in underground and open cut, coal and hard rock. I am an AusIMM Chartered Professional (Mining), Registered Professional Engineer Queensland [RPEQ] (Mining). I enjoy being a speaker, presenter and facilitator at conferences. I am an author of published papers. I enjoy working with a team in a can do culture and moving an organisation to its next step.More
- Developing the team in safety, designing and managing safe systems for the extraction of resources that consistently maintain production, while meeting environmental expectations, regulatory constraints and budget targets.
- * Geotechnical preplanning function – to optimise all mine planning designs and reducing business risk * Contract cost reduction of 25% for the grade control contract * Leading a group of Geology and Geotechnical professionals on time, on budget and safely. * Team size 50 professionals.
- Chief Executive Officer and Company Secretary for Adiamante
- Developing prototype products and their commercialization.
Leading a team of rofessionals developing and commerciaising products.More
- Managing Tech Services Team. Building solutions for clients in the resource sector. Developing team skills, management systems and legislative compliance for clients
- Developed ventilation, mine planning, geomechanics, feasibility, financial and business improvement solutions for clients. Mentoring team members, working safely and with in budgetary and timeframe constraints.
Leading a group of mining professionals who pool our talents and abilities for special projects. We provide solutions employing cutting edge technology, the best mining engineering practice and exemplary safety standards. Please visit www.consultmine.com.au for further examples.More
- *Managed the Technical Services Team *Including mine planning, gas drainage, ventilation, survey, geology, geotech
- *Completed ventilation upgrade project on budget and on time *Project cost >$5M * Managed team safely on budget.
Developing the team in safety, designing and managing safe systems for the extraction of resources that consistently maintain production, while meeting environmental expectations, regulatory constraints and budget targets.More
- *Managed the Technical Services Team. *Including mine planning, ventilation, survey, geology and geotechnical.
- *Managed feasibility of mine extension *Managed major infrastructure projects, on time and budget.
Managed the Technical Services Team at Centennial Coal's Clarence Colliery. Managed major projects, contract management, safety management, cost management by offering leadership, development and performance management.More
- *Manage sampling *Mine reconciliation *Mine draw control *Continouos improvement of fragmentation *QA/QC dev
- * Develop dust suppression system *Implement production and maintenance database *QA/QC for development
Management of personnel in sample and geotechnical data collection, mine reconciliation, production logistics analysis for feasibility and current mine infrastructure, mine production data collation and analysis, Block Cave Mining prediction and draw call management, development and administration of production database, development and administration of reconciliation database, situational analysis of fragmentation, develop safety and trainingMore
- Underground Plant Operator (Loader, IT, Bobcat, Truck, Conveyors, Service work, remotes and SCADA), Acting Team
- Develop team skills, operate safely and in budget
Acting Team Leader, Team Trainer and Assessor, Services Coordinator, Safety analysis to develop job procedures and investigate incidents. Including Fire Assay, Wet Chemistry, Metallurgical testing, AAS reading, Rock behaviour testing, Quality control and Acting Team LeadMore
Education and Qualifications
Currently reading at University of Canberra in Business Administration.More
|2017||Senior First Aid or Workplace Level 2||St John||No|
|2015||TAE 40110||Certificate IV||TAFE NSW||No|
|2015||Occupational First Aid or Workplace Level 3||St John||No|
|2012||GIQ Coal Mine Induction (Underground Mining) - Standard 11 Induction||Emerald Training||No|
|2011||QLD Coal Board Medical||Emerald training||No|
|2009||Post Graduate Diploma Mine Ventilation||Postgraduate Diploma||University of NSW||Yes|
|2009||Ventilation Officers Ticket||DPI||No|
|2009||Masters in Mining Engineering Geomechanics||Master's Degree||University of NSW||Yes|
|2008||Safety & Risk management||University of NSW||No|
|2008||Masters in Mining Engineering||Master's Degree||University of NSW||Yes|
|2007||G3||University of NSW||No|
|2004||Certificate IV in Occupational Health & Safety||TAFE NSW||No|
Masters in Mining Engineering, Masters in Geomechanics and a Graduate Diploma in Ventilation Engineering. Main Focuses: Safety and health management systems; Managing and mentoring teams; cost control; continuous improvement practices; gold, phosphte, coal; budget and production targets are met; Designing and implementing quality management systems; Analytical risk management; project management; schedule control.
- Word (Intermediate)
- Excel (Intermediate)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Access (Basic)
- AutoCAD (Intermediate)
- Acrobat Pro (Intermediate)
- SAP (Basic)
- Ellipse (Basic)
- Hyperion (Basic)
- Primavera (Basic)
- XPAC (Intermediate)
- Deswik (Basic)
- XPAC (Intermediate)
- Deswik (Basic)