30 years as an electrician with experience of construction, commissioning, breakdowns, planned maintenance and FIFO
* Electrical supervisor responsible for carrying out the maintenance, modification, repair, servicing and inspection requirements of crushing plant and associated machinery, so as to ensure a safe and reliable service provision. Able to identify and report maintenance issues including making recommendations for improvements on system and processes. Contributed to planning of work and allocation of tasks. Completed required documentation, permits and updated records as required. Prepared reports of a technical nature on specific tasks. Provided technical guidance and diagnostic advice, creating AutoCAD drawings and unique SCADA programs. Attended break downs which includes ship ore conveyors, crushing plant, train load out systems, reclaimers, stackers and automated material handlers. Always delivered a customer focused service and a positive corporate image, including the maintenance of good working relationships with contractors, other crews and all management. Actively participating in the identification and implementation of strategies to control all relevant risks, including the appropriate reporting of notifiable occurrences. Skills * Knowledge of computer maintenance and management systems; MEX, SAP, PRONTO * Experienced in electrical fault-finding and problem-solving under pressure * Detailed knowledge of electrical operation policy including; callouts; safe working, emergency procedures and electrical safety * Systematic in accomplishing an electrician required task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how large or small * Demonstrated knowledge in an electronics environment ; * Expert understanding in the use of computer systems & Microsoft Office products * Experience of programming Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi and GE PLCsMore
- Working as a team leader to ensure the crushing machinery is installed up to standards, ensuring H&S of all workers
- Succesful implementation of physical installs and PLC programming changes integrating the new plant with no injury
Currently I am an In-house Nominee for CSI. As In-house Nominee I manage a varied range of duties, from monitoring routine plant maintenance to directing a full crew of construction workers on primary installation of crushing and processing plants. The extent of my experience is spread across many plants in the Pilbara region, including BHP sites. I highly value site compliance as a non drinker and non smoker.More
- In charge of the electrical maintenance department at a large industrial site. responsible for the 24x7 operations
- Succesfully installed several safety schemes, oversaw control systems upgrades to complex packaging systems.
In charge of roster of electricians running a couple of heavy industrial manufacturing plants looking after planned and unplanned maintenance. My key role was to allocate routine servicing which could be undertaken whilst the plant was running and to allocate resources (human and spares) to do the essential maintenance during plant shutdown periods. I also had to liaise with contractors and suppliers with enough lead time to allow all servicing.More
- responsible to various businesses in the Kirklees and Calderdale area, undertaking electrical engineering tasks
- Generating increased turnoer, year on year. Acting as a consulting agent for other similar local companies.
This was my own business which I contracted myself and other workers to various industrial sites around the Calderdale and Kirklees area. we also covered commercial and domestic installations and alteration. Consultancy played a large part of this role where I was called upon to plan and cost various project for factory expansions.More
- Responsible for training electrical trainees amongst other classes as and when the need arose.
- managed to engage several disaffected students, achieved a 100% pass rate for electrical students.
My primary role was in the education of electrical trades apprentices and qualified tradespeople, at various colleges in the Yorkshire area. as well as training the UK equivalent of capstone. I also trained the use of SCADA systems and PLC programming industrial trainees. My work involved developing courses, including course materials and training manuals as well as community promotion of the courses.More
- In charge of planned and unplanned mlectrical maintenance of mill complex, worked mostly unsupervised.
- I completed my apprenticeship here as well as play a part in the design and production of brand new equipment
From my initial apprentice training as an electrician I quickly went on to be the electrical supervisor, where I was in charge of routine maintenance of the three combined industries at Parkwood Mills. I was responsible for the preventative maintenance, as well as breakdown repairs and stock control. I have a keen interest in new machine application and development, therefore one of my major roles was control panel design.More
Education and Qualifications
I have listed only the relevant Australian qualifications, I have many more UK based certificates and extensive experience on both sides of education to draw from and to share.More
|2013||Leadership in the Workplace||Certificate IV||WA Skills Training||Yes|
|2012||White Card||Trade Certificate||Western Australia||Yes|
|2012||Section 44 Appointed Persons||Trade Certificate||Aveling||Yes|
|2011||Electrical Contractor's In-House Nominee||Certificate||NECA||No|
|2011||High Voltage Switching||Certificate||Power Training||No|
|2011||Citect SCADA Configuration||Certificate||Schneider Electric||No|
|2011||Program Simatic PLCs||Certificate||Siemens||No|
|2009||Low Voltage Switchboard Rescue||Certificate||NECA||No|
|2009||Programming PLCs||Certificate||Rockwell automation||No|
|2005||Teaching||Postgraduate Diploma||Huddersfield University||No|
|-||Confined Space Entry||No|
|-||White card (QLD, TAS & WA)||No|
|-||Senior First Aid or Workplace Level 2||No|
|-||Confined Space Rescue||No|
Tickets, Permits and Licences
|-||EWP BoomType Elevating Work Platform (boom length 11 metres or more)||No|
Plenty of certificates, many relating to electrical work and minesite access and equipment. I also have several educational awards evidencing my communication, numerical and IT skills as well as a teaching certificate from Huddersfield University.
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Intermediate)
- Access (Advanced)
- OneNote (Basic)
- AutoCAD (Intermediate)
- Photoshop Pro (Intermediate)
- SAP (Basic)
- MEX Maintenance Systems (Advanced)
- .NET (Advanced)