Scientist 👩🔬 Traveler🌏 Adventurer🌄
I seek to obtain a challenging position that will allow for both personal and professional growth. A position where I am able to apply the technical knowledge gained throughout my studies and working life along with my personal drive and creativity. I want to work in an environment where teamwork is highly respected and where my knowledge and skills will enable me to contribute to the overall goals of the organisation. Some key skills personal attributes and experiences are listed below * Proven ability to work in both a team environment and autonomously and have prided myself on my ability to perform both with confidence and excellence. * Well developed business skills in leadership, logistics, organisational and administration management. * A well rounded understanding of the scientific foundations, principles and procedures underlying laboratory testing and investigations. * Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convey information, ideas and intentions clearly, concisely and systematically at all levels of management and to different scientific fields. * Highly motivated and conscientious self-starter who organises and coordinated demanding activities and resources to achieve effective results.More
- Experiment preparation, setup and clean up, abiding by the OH & S requirements including use and storage of chemicals, keeping registers, manifests, hazardous substances and MSDS sheets up to date, helping teachers run experiments within the classroom and also helping with excursions, camps and administrative requirements, ordering and unpacking, writing and abiding by budgets.
- Being the direct supervisor for a full time employee
- Developing excellent written and interpersonal communication skills through working in a team environment with a variety science teachers and being the in charge of all laboratories with the school.
- Working independently and within a small team to organise and deliver experimental requirements on time and within deadlines sometimes at exceptionally short notice.
- Responsible for training and supervision of staff.
- Running an after school program with students to develop lab skills
- Dissection, microtomy and embedding, specimen reception, unpacking and accessioning specimens, laboratory cleaning, special stains.
- Supervising training of other staff members.
- Obtaining exceptional teamwork skills through interaction with a vast number of different people and cultures while working in a small space and high stress environment.
- Continually striving to provide exceptional service.
- Experiment preparation, setup and clean up, abiding by the OH & S requirements including use and storage of chemicals, keeping registers, manifests, hazardous substances and MSDS sheets up to date, helping teachers run experiments within the classroom and also helping with excursions and administrative requirements.
- Developing excellent written and interpersonal communication skills through working in a team environment with six science teachers and being the in charge of all laboratories.
- Working independently to organise and deliver experimental requirements on time and within deadlines sometimes at exceptionally short notice.
- Malaria culture, mammalian cell culture, high-throughput screening, meeting with sales representatives, ordering and obtaining quotes, laboratory cleaning, operation of robotic equipment, presentations, scientific research.
- Acquiring excellent aseptic technique through learning how to culture both malaria and mammalian cells.
- Acquiring skills to help with the running of large screening campaigns including organisation of reagents, culture requirements for malaria and mammalian cells, use of automated equipment and personal interaction in a group to meet required deadlines.
- Working independently and to a specific timeline to achieve desired outcomes.
- Dissection, basic microtomy and embedding, specimen reception, unpacking and accessioning specimens, laboratory cleaning, stocking up dissection room.
- Developing dissection skills and learning how to dissect each different type of specimen also some basic microtomy skill development. Learning how to accession specimens and how a laboratory runs on a day to day basis.
- Building team work skills in a high stress environment.
- Learning to provide a high level of service in a timely fashion to customers, fellow staff and doctors.
Education and Qualifications
|2018||First Aid CPR||Australian Training Institute||Yes|
|2017||Certificate IV - Training and Assessment,||Certificate IV||First Choice Training||Yes|
|2017||Accredited Youth Mental Health First Aider||Certificate||Mental Health First Aid Australia||Yes|
|2014||CERT IV Fitness||Certificate IV||Australian Institute of Personal Training||Yes|
|2013||Graduate Certificate in Environmental Science||Graduate Certificate||Griffith University||Yes|
|2006||Bachelor of Forensic Science - Molecular Biology||Bachelor Degree||Griffith University||Yes|
|2002||Year 12 HIgh School Certificate||Senior Secondary Education (Yr12)||Boonah State High School||Yes|
- Acrobat Pro (Intermediate)
- OneNote (Intermediate)
- Word (Advanced)
- Excel (Advanced)
- Power Point (Advanced)
- ChemWatch (Intermediate)